Beginner’s Guide to Facebook Business Manager – Facebook Business Manager is a powerful tool that provides businesses with an organized and efficient way to manage their Facebook pages, ads, and assets.
It is a central platform that allows businesses to manage multiple business pages, ad accounts, and team members all in one place, making it easier to maintain brand consistency, streamline processes, and improve marketing efficiency. In this beginner’s guide, we will explore the features and benefits of Facebook Business Manager and how to get started.
What Is Facebook Business Manager
Facebook Business Manager also streamlines the ad creation process, making it faster and easier to create, manage, and optimize ad campaigns. It provides valuable insights and analytics, giving businesses the ability to track their ad performance and make data-driven decisions.
Creating a Facebook Business Manager Account
- Step 1: Go to business.facebook.com and click ‘Create Account’
- Step 2: Log into your Facebook accountStep 3: Click ‘Create Account’ again and fill in the required information about your business
- Step 4: Add your business page and ad account to your Business Manager account
- Step 5: Assign roles and permissions to team membersOnce you’ve created your Business Manager account and added your assets, you can start using it to manage your Facebook marketing efforts.
Using Facebook Business Manager
Managing Pages and Ad Accounts
Facebook Business Manager allows you to manage multiple pages and ad accounts all in one place. To add a new page or ad account, follow these steps:
- Step 1: From your Business Manager dashboard, click ‘Add New’ and select the asset you want to add.
- Step 2: Enter the information for the asset you’re adding.
- Step 3: Assign roles and permissions for team members.Once you’ve added your pages and ad accounts, you can easily switch between them by clicking on the drop-down menu in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
Assigning Roles and Permissions
One of the most significant advantages of Business Manager is the ability to easily assign roles and permissions to team members. Roles determine what a team member can and cannot do within your Business Manager account.
Here are the available roles:
– Admin: has full access to everything
– Editor: can edit everything except account settings and user access
– Advertiser: can create and manage ads, but cannot access assets or manage user access
– Analyst: can view all data, but cannot make changesTo assign roles and permissions, follow these steps:
- Step 1: From your Business Manager dashboard, click ‘Business Settings.’
- Step 2: Find the person or team you want to assign roles to and click ‘Add People.’
- Step 3: Select the role you want to assign and click ‘Next.’Step 4: Choose the assets you want this person or team to access.
Creating Ad Campaigns
Facebook Business Manager provides a streamlined process for creating ad campaigns. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: From your Business Manager dashboard, click ‘Create’ and select ‘Ad.’
- Step 2: Choose your campaign objective.
- Step 3: Set up your ad account, targeting, and budget.
- Step 4: Create your ad by selecting your format, adding images or videos, and writing your copy.
Step 5: Review and publish your ad.Facebook Business Manager also provides valuable insights and analytics, allowing businesses to track their ad performance and make data-driven decisions.
Managing Pixels and Catalogs
Facebook Business Manager allows businesses to manage pixels and catalogs, enabling them to track website activity and showcase products. A pixel is a code that is placed on your website to track visitor behavior, while a catalog is used to showcase your products in dynamic ads.Here’s how to create a pixel:
Step 1: From your Business Manager dashboard, click ‘Pixels.’
Step 2: Click ‘Create Pixel’ and give it a name.
Step 3: Install the pixel code on your website.
Step 4: Start tracking your website activity.Here’s how to create a catalog:
- From your Business Manager dashboard, click ‘Catalogs.’
- Click ‘Create Catalog’ and give it a name.
- Add your products to your catalog.
- Create dynamic ads to showcase your products.
Collaborating with Team Members
Facebook Business Manager allows businesses to collaborate with team members and control access to assets. By assigning roles and permissions, you can determine who can view, edit, and publish ads and content. It also allows for easy communication between team members, streamlining the workflow.